Skip to main content
Ontario Tech acknowledges the lands and people of the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation.

We are thankful to be welcome on these lands in friendship. The lands we are situated on are covered by the Williams Treaties and are the traditional territory of the Mississaugas, a branch of the greater Anishinaabeg Nation, including Algonquin, Ojibway, Odawa and Pottawatomi. These lands remain home to many Indigenous nations and peoples.

We acknowledge this land out of respect for the Indigenous nations who have cared for Turtle Island, also called North America, from before the arrival of settler peoples until this day. Most importantly, we acknowledge that the history of these lands has been tainted by poor treatment and a lack of friendship with the First Nations who call them home.

This history is something we are all affected by because we are all treaty people in Canada. We all have a shared history to reflect on, and each of us is affected by this history in different ways. Our past defines our present, but if we move forward as friends and allies, then it does not have to define our future.

Learn more about Indigenous Education and Cultural Services

IRIS research portal support

IRIS Research Portal Banner

If you are having difficulties using the IRIS research portal, please do not hesitate to contact us. For example, if you require support related to: 

1. Technical issues 
  • Difficulties logging in.
  • Technical difficulties creating/submitting an application.
  • A locked application.

Please contact the IRIS System Administrator

2. Inquiry regarding IRIS content
  • The content of Research Ethics Board (REB) application/ difficulty answering a question.
  • Determining which REB application form to use. 
  • Making further edits to an REB application that has already been submitted.

Please contact the Research Ethics Officer or call 905.721.8668 ext. 3693.

3. Inquiry regarding grant applications
  • Questions about an awards file or grant application.
  • Assistance to submit a grant or Research Grant Authorization (RGA). 
Please contact the Grants Officer for your faculty.

For a full list of staff in the Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation, visit our Contacts page. When in doubt about whom to contact, you can always send an email to the Office of Research Services (ORS). We are happy to advise you of the correct person to contact or the next steps to take.